Skip to main content

Police Arrest Gang Of 5 Thieves Led By A 19-Years Old Girl, Specialized In Stealing High End Phones In Kano

 

AFRIC TRENDS 

A female-led syndicate of thieves has been dismantled by the Kano State Police Command, and five suspects have been arrested. 


The spokesperson of the command, SP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, who disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, January 2, 2024, said the gang is led by Shamsiyya Adamu, a 19-year-old resident of Brigade Quarters Kano. 

According to the PPRO, Shamsiyya, the principal suspect, was arrested on December 21, 2024, following reports of stolen mobile phones in Unguwa Uku Quarters Kano. 


The spokesperson further disclosed that 30 persons, including 29 females and 1 male, have lodged complaints against Shamsiyya, who confessed to stealing their mobile phones on various occasions in 2024 


In the year 2024, the Kano State Police Command received numerous reports from residents of Kano Metropolis about a young lady who steals mobile phones from residential houses,” the statement read. 


“The reports indicated that the suspect was using a tricyclists and a cybercriminal to aid in her operations. The State Commissioner of Police, CP Salman Dogo Garba raised a special intervention squad, and the principal suspect was arrested on December 21, 2024. 


The syndicate, led by Snamsıyya, specialized in stealing mobile phones from residential houses, using tricycles and a cybercriminal to aid in their operations. The suspects would deceive housewives, steal their mobile phones, and swindle money from their victim’s bank accounts.” 


The suspects arrested are: 

i. Shamsiyya Adamu: The 19-year-old principal suspect and leader of the syndicate. 

ii. Idris Yusuf: A 23-year-old tricycle rider who aided in transporting the principal suspect to commit crimes. 

iii. Al’asan Dahiru: A 24-year-old suspect who specialized in disposing of stolen Items for the principal suspect. 

IV. Abdulmajid Haruna: A 27-year-old suspect who specialized in buying stolen properties. Six mobile phones were recovered from him. 

v. Salim Auwalu: A 21-year-old suspect who specialized in swindling money from victims’ bank accourts. 

“Six mobile phones have been recovered so far, and efforts are ongoing to recover more stolen phones. Thirty complainants, including 29 females and 1 male, have lodged complaints against Shamsiyya, who confessed to stealing their mobile phones on various occasions in 2024,” the statement added. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politics2025: Nigeria survived 2024 only by God’s grace – IPAC

  AFRIC TRENDS  The Inter Party Advisory Council, IPAC, has noted that it was only by the Grace of God that Nigerians survived the passing year. For this reason, the Council called on the government to pay more attention to the fight against insecurity and corruption, reinvigorating the economy, ensuring food security and providing social amenities in the coming year. While noting that the challenges ahead were enormous, IPAC also called on citizens to hold government at various levels accountable. The Council called on citizens to unite to deepen the country’s democracy and build a better nation the present and future generations can be proud of, adding that the opportunities and dividends of democracy are enormous. IPAC challenged citizens to remain prayerful and patriotic, adding that it “was only by the grace of God that Nigerians survived the socio-economic hardship of 2024.” In a statement by Yusuf Dantalle, its national Chairman, IPAC said the economic challenges were u...

QUOTES

  AFRIC TRENDS  _MOTIVATIONAL_ _QUOTES OF THE WEEK_  Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts"  INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES OF THE WEEK_  Positive thinking helps you frame your mindset and change your life.  _WORD OF WISDOM_  We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future

EPL: ‘He’s a perfect replacement for Saka’ – Clarke advises Arsenal on player to sign

  AFRIC TRENDS  Former Arsenal player Adrian Clarke has urged the Gunners to sign West Ham United star Mohammed Kudus to replace the injured Bukayo Saka in the January transfer window. Saka is currently recovering from a hamstring injury he sustained a few days ago. The England international will be out of action for the next few months. However, Clarke believes Kudus would be a “perfect replacement” for Saka in Mikel Arteta’s squad. “Mohammed Kudus is a player that Arsenal have had a long-term interest in,” Clarke told talkSPORT. “He is a perfect Bukayo Saka replacement who can also do a job up front. “Wonderful traveler with the ball at his feet. Could Arsenal test West Ham United’s resolve with an offer this month?”